About ProRes Encoder,Need Help!

Posted by everpenny 
About ProRes Encoder,Need Help!
October 24, 2010 08:42PM
I am a audio and video developer,Now I want to add ProRes Codec in my project.I found a great deal of information on the internet,but didn't find any useful information.I know the ProRes encoder is integrated in the FCP.but don't know how to use it.Some audio and video converter software include it ,like ClipWrap Converter(you can google it,but i think many people know it).So someone can help me or give me some useful information?I would be greatful!Thanks!
Re: About ProRes Encoder,Need Help!
October 24, 2010 10:37PM
I'm not a software engineer by any leap of the imagination, but softwares generally go through QuickTime for proprietary qt codecs. To bypass QuickTime, you need to license the prores encoder from Apple.

www.strypesinpost.com
October 25, 2010 12:44AM
Hi,strypes
Now many codec are opensource,I did not know if there are other ways to achieve this function.but thanks anyway.
October 25, 2010 10:33AM
To compress a movie using the ProRes codec, you can use [QTMovie writeToFile:withAttributes:error], specifying the new codec information in the attributes dictionary. There is a lot of documentation on this.

But your user will need to have Final Cut Studio installed. There is no legal way to do this without FCS unless you approach Apple about licensing the ProRes encoder.

P.S. Please don't cross-post.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
October 25, 2010 02:23PM
Both Avid's DNxHD and Apple's ProRes are proprietary codecs. The ProRes decoder is available with any Quicktime installation, but to write to ProRes, the user needs to have FCS installed, which will in turn install ProRes as a Quicktime codec, as Jon mentioned.

www.strypesinpost.com
October 26, 2010 01:13AM
why database error?!
October 26, 2010 01:19AM
You mean I can use the QTMovie writeToFile.Is this the API of QuickTime SDK?When I need to fill CodeType to choose , in the library (QuickTimeSDK)does not include Prores codec option . I do not know how to encode the Apple prores formats.I'm looking forward to your reply!
i'm so sorry,I will pay attention next time!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics