Check this neat OS/QT/Avid matrix

Posted by Loren Miller 
Check this neat OS/QT/Avid matrix
October 28, 2010 08:00AM
This is for Avid PC users, but it's what I've been looking for for quite a while; I could not find it in the Wiki, and we ought to have one for FCP just like it.

[avid.custkb.com]

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Play from Playhead to Out Mark with Shift-P !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Re: Check this neat OS/QT/Avid matrix
October 28, 2010 08:26AM
Scroll down for the Mac version.
Very cool.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
October 28, 2010 08:27AM
Yeah, I was just about to amend my post! LOL Lousy page design. Thanks, Andrew.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:

www.neotrondesign.com
October 28, 2010 08:33AM
Jon already has the FCP version up winking smiley although it needs updating with FCP 7+

[www.digitalrebellion.com]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
October 28, 2010 08:37AM
Shall we all chip in a update it?

Here is mine:

Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 | Mac OS 10.6.4 | Quicktime X 10.0 & QT Pro 7.6.6 (Pro Apps 2010-02 not ProKit 6.0.1)

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
October 28, 2010 09:12AM
Excellent, Ben, especially adding OSX updates.

I'm not using FCP in Snow just yet. (Why?)

Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 | Mac OS 10.5.8 | QuickTime 7.6.6 |

I'm between projects, I'm going to apply the ProApps update.

When we assemble enough of this data I hope Jude can compile it all on the FCP Wiki.
Can we have a nice table format, Jude?

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:

www.neotrondesign.com
October 28, 2010 10:05AM
Ben King Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jon already has the FCP version up winking smiley although it
> needs updating with FCP 7+

The point of the article is to tell people with old versions not to upgrade QuickTime or OS X too far or they'll break their older version. The reason FCP 7 is not included is because my advice is simply to run the latest versions unless told otherwise.

Do you think there is value in adding FCP 7 versions to the list?

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
October 28, 2010 11:38AM
Its more for confirming that people are able to work on stable systems using certain software so in the Wiki it would be helpful yes. I still haven't resolved the ProKit issue am going to try reinstalling and repeating the DVDSP issue and see if I can replicate the problem. Otherwise Pro Apps 2010-02 is the last update I'd recommend for FCS users. Not use the ProKit 6.0.1 update (without making a backup of the old framework as we found out!).

October 28, 2010 11:56AM
[Do you think there is value in adding FCP 7 versions to the list?]

Of course! Even more critical at this juncture because of OS changes, QT change, etc.

And just what was the reason for QuickTime X?? Dreadful player design.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:

www.neotrondesign.com
October 28, 2010 12:28PM
Loren Miller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course! Even more critical at this juncture
> because of OS changes, QT change, etc.
>
> And just what was the reason for QuickTime X??
> Dreadful player design.

Ok, I'm thinking of revamping the page to make it a proper page on the site instead of just a blog post, so I'll add some FCP 7 entries when I do that.

But just to clarify this common misconception, QuickTime X has absolutely no effect on FCP.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
October 28, 2010 07:24PM
I'm going to try and work on the Wiki when the school term is over and I have a bit more free time near Xmas. If I can remember how to use it..

October 31, 2010 02:23PM
>The reason FCP 7 is not included is because my advice is simply to run the latest versions unless told
>otherwise.

That is one difference between Apple and many other vendors. Apple usually has minimum requirements (and sometimes recommended configurations), while Avid will tell you whether a device/OS has been qualified for use with a certain version of MC. Neither Avid nor Adobe will tell you to update whenever a new Mac OS is released, but only after the update is sufficiently tested, then it will be qualified for use.

We generally assume that any version of FCP will run best with the hardware/platform of the same era, because that is probably what the engineers and beta test team at Apple were using to build and test the software.

Usually updates will include bug fixes to fix common problems, which is why updating your software is recommended, but occasionally updates will break other functions. This is also why I am slow on updates, and only when the known bugs are not project critical.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics