Florida job market question?

Posted by ianedit 
Florida job market question?
November 08, 2010 01:12PM
Does anyone know if there is a market for editors on the west coast of Florida in the Tampa to Sarasota area? If so where, what kind of media and what's the pay rate?
Re: Florida job market question?
November 08, 2010 03:15PM
I can only report about where I work and Central Florida is teeny tiny market where you have to know a lot more than just editing to earn a living (Compositing / Motion Graphics / Animation / Sound Design). I consider myself one of the lucky ones to have been able to squeeze out a living here since 2003. I don't know anything about western FLA so I recommend you contact our local market editing guru Oliver Peters at Orlando Post Pros (used to be Orlando Avid Users Group). I am a member of this group for 7 years. Nice people that will probably be able to tell you more than I could or refer you to someone that can:

[orlandoedits.com]

You may want to attend the next meeting at the following location:

Adrenaline Films
5224 South Orange Ave.
Orlando FL, 32809
407-850-0711

6:15pm Networking & Refreshments
7:00pm Meeting Begins

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

November 09, 2010 08:09AM
Contact Jeff Pugh at Magnolia Post in Tampa. Not sure he's hiring in this economy, he may have some suggestions for you.

Joe Brown
November 09, 2010 09:31AM
From what my friends that live in the Tampa Bay area say about the economy and media jobs, it's pretty bleak. I left 5 years ago from there and it was not looking good. I found that the Tampa Bay area has a sweat shop mentality.
November 10, 2010 12:42PM
...which is why I always push everyone to diversify in small markets. LEARN AFTER EFFECTS / CINEMA 4D as well as all the Adobe Production Premium / Final Cut Studio software and exponentially increase your hiring potential in EVERY market.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics