Quitting on rendering

Posted by Francois 
Quitting on rendering
December 04, 2010 07:48AM
One hour timeline, DvPal, Fcp 7.0.3 on a MacPro, Snow Leopard.

Every Orange portion is rendered already. I can't render all the "easy stuff" the green ones without Fcp to quit. I have to render like 3 clips at the time.

Anyone familiar with this ?
Re: Quitting on rendering
December 04, 2010 09:13AM
Are you running 2 monitors at highres (1920x1200+) on a GFX card thats 512MB or less?

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
December 04, 2010 10:08AM
I am running 2 Apple Cinema Display 23" ... so yes 2 * 1920x1920
and my GFX is a ATI Radeon HD 4870 with 512 Mo.

could this be a starting point to resolve this ? Our days the GPU works a lot on render with all those FxPlugs...

I'll give a try rendering with only one monitor and I'll let you know
December 04, 2010 11:55AM
Although theoretically you shouldn't have issues with 512MB running two monitors, in practice I have found many issues on lower systems especially if you are using a lot of GPU plugins.

The best bet is to upgrade your GPU to an ATI 5870 1Gb or EVGA Nvidia GTX285 1GB or Nvidia Quadro 4000 with 2GB memory.

Or add a second ATI GPU in the second slot if there is space.

Let us know how you get on with the one screen.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
December 05, 2010 02:01PM
I have planned to upgrade my GFX to a 1Gb, definitely.

One monitor no change because in my case because the culprits turned out to be ... a few Motion projects in the timeline.

Like it's been said in an other thread there is a problem there. Something that was working fine is not working anymore.

Maybe I am an other victim of the 6.1 Prokit update I manualy re-instaled the older one, maybe it's not enougth. I will do the full process
December 05, 2010 02:43PM
Ah ok - yes Motion Projects can sometimes cause issues.

Best thing is to render in Motion the clips you need to the same sequence settings and replace the motion projects with the rendered versions - a temporary work-around but should work.

Let us know if your issues turn out to be related to Prokit 6.1 - I myself have DVDSP issues with ProKit 6.1 so have downgraded.

December 06, 2010 02:38AM
Absolutly, render out of Motion as stand alone app and replace in Fcp is what I have turned out to do.

(I was doing it allready only for projects including large graphics and/or freeze frame)

The full remplacement of ProKit by deleting the installed one (and the recepts), then installing 5.0 & 5.1 did not solve that problem.

I've lost roundtrip.

---------------------------------
A Day late & a Dollar-short Productions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics