Upgradin!

Upgradin!
December 29, 2010 08:55PM
hi,

I have FCP Studio with FCP version 5.1

I want to use a 3rd party software for FCP that requires min. FCP Version 6.

but the only Studio upgrades I can find out there are upgrading from Studio II to Studio III.

Apple doesn't sell Studio II anymore either.

so my question is, where can I buy the upgrade for (original) FCPStudio to FCPStudio II.

OR B)

I read here some have been able to run FCP Version 7 on NON INTEL processor machines by installing Studio III using Pacifist installer.

IF that is the case, will Studio I upgrade directly to Studio III using this method?

ALSO, Im on OS 10.4... I believe Studio III needs Snow Leopard (OS 10.6?) which is the next higher OS.

So I guess I need to find an upgrade from Studio to Studio II then?

OR C)

the 3rd party makes the same plugin for AECS3 which I have... so I bought that, it works great, but the show Im trying to fix up is over 2hrs long and only some of it needs fixing with the 3rd party software.

it would be great if anyone knows a way to integrate AECs3 into FCP V5.1 so that footage could be "roundtripped" like say Soundtrack Pro can be for instance? this way, I could just fix the sections that need fixing and they should update within FCP.

.... alternative to that would be copying the bad sections, fixing them in AE with the plugin, then re-installing them in FCP, but that seems like a long way round.

WiseGuyProductions.ca
bj
Re: Upgradin!
January 01, 2011 01:15PM
You can upgrade directly from FCP 5.1 to FCS3.
Can be bought from this site.
Re: Upgradin!
January 02, 2011 10:24PM
There is an upgrade path from any earlier version of FCP to FCS III.

[store.apple.com]

Yes, you do need to upgrade from OS 10.4 to run Studio 3. 10.5 is required at least to run Studio 3 I'm pretty sure.

When you do a major upgrade like this one, you are best off completely erasing your hard drive and starting over. This is what we do whenever we upgrade our OS or Studio package. Simply upgrading your OS can cause all sorts of issues for Studio and other Pro Apps.

If you have a Mac Pro, an easy way to do this is to simply install another hard drive inside your machine and install the OS and Studio package to that drive. If you don't have room for another drive, then back up everything on your current hard drive, insert the new OS drive, erase your drive, install the OS and then install the Studio package.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics