Yet another FCP to Avid question

Posted by strypes 
Yet another FCP to Avid question
January 13, 2011 11:24AM
Okay, I know the golden rule is not to switch platforms midway, but @#$%& happens. And when @#$%& happens auto duck comes to the rescue.. Well, but in this case, there's no automatic duck available...

Basically, I have a half edited FCP sequence, with a bunch of logged clips. Mostly digital beta, some from DVD, and a couple of P2 dvcpro hd clips, plus a lot of stills. I tried exporting the sequence via edl, but that doesn't seem to allow me to relink to the clips via AMA. I also tried exporting batch lists, but I run into problems. Avid's ALE tool will not clean the batch list, and although I managed to get it into ALE via sebsky tools, the timecode is all messed up. Currently I'm dumping all the rushes into sequences and going out via EDL, but that will not keep the info in the log notes. Any suggestions?

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: Yet another FCP to Avid question
January 13, 2011 11:42AM
Why doesn't Pro Export FCP work for you in situation?

--
Wes Plate
Automatic Duck, Inc.
[www.automaticduck.com]
January 13, 2011 12:08PM
Because they only bought FCP pro import, so I'm metaphorically stuck on the other side of the street.

www.strypesinpost.com
January 13, 2011 12:10PM
Ah. Well if it comes to it they could buy the other plug-in too.

Be sure all of your FCP media is ProRes, that seems to be the codec that MC AMA likes.
January 13, 2011 03:39PM
How is it that when the words "Automatic Duck" appear on this forum, Wes Plate appears a few moments later? Is there some sort of bot that alerts one when a designated set of words appears somewhere on the internet? If so, I want it.

Michael Horton
-------------------
January 13, 2011 03:42PM
Micheal Michael Michael, I can't give you all of my secrets.

But I'll tell you that an RSS feed (or a set of RSS feeds) filtered through Yahoo Pipes comes in very handy.

See you in a couple of weeks!

--
Wes Plate
Automatic Duck, Inc.
[www.automaticduck.com]
January 13, 2011 03:44PM
Ah! Well then I got to do that....for about 10000 news feeds. See you in 2 weeks at the SuperMeet.

Michael Horton
-------------------
January 13, 2011 04:04PM
Without the duck, you'll spend a day or two trying to figure this out. Is that worth the cost of getting the proper plugin? And being behind schedule? That's how you explain this to the client/producer.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
January 13, 2011 04:24PM
Any experience with Boris AAF transfer vs AutoDuck -- have to say Wes has been very helpful troubleshooting FCP to Avid issues we've had with a client but wondering if anyone's used or compared Boris AAF transfer.
January 13, 2011 10:21PM
Well, I'm not on anything that time critical and I can't decide on spending policy. Maybe eventually they may go for one of the XML/aaf translation tools as there seems to be a lot of hoops to jump through. I'm kinda surprised (or maybe not) that ALE almost totally fails.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics