Music tracks start later after auto render?

Posted by Joe Riggs 
Music tracks start later after auto render?
January 13, 2011 11:55AM
Hello,

I'm experiencing a really frustrating problem. It seems the music tracks (it started with one but now seems to occur in 2 of thew) are starting later than they should after auto render completes.

For example, I set the music track to start at the beginning of the song, I edit my clips to the music. Everything is how it should be. Then I come back after auto render and my music track starts 10 sec into the song, throwing off my entire edit.

The waveform looks the same, and the audio clip has not moved. I hope there is way to fix this, maybe by deleting the render files?

Thanks
Re: Music tracks start later after auto render?
January 13, 2011 12:12PM
There is a bug where audio gets jumbled after render, but usually that manifests in a much more drastic shift. So the first thing I'd check is the settings for the music clips. Make sure the sample rate, bit rate etc. all match your timeline.

Ditching render files can fix the problem when it happens. If that doesn't work, select the music clip, press SHIFT-D (Disconnect Media), and then reconnect it right away. It should flush the clip and restore it to its intended edit points.

www.derekmok.com
January 13, 2011 09:52PM
Thanks shift d worked.
January 14, 2011 10:24PM
why does the audio need rendering?

if it is an mp3 or AAC file, you're asking for trouble

best to convert to AIFF 16bit 48k.

if you've got a lot of tracks, or have used some audio filters,
go to your user prefs (option Q) and change the number of real time audio tracks.
(this also allocates more memory for audio filters)

default is 8, you can easily go up to 24.

cheers,
nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics