HDV Capture and drop frames.

Posted by limakid 
HDV Capture and drop frames.
January 16, 2011 10:37PM
Hi,

When I capture HDV footage on FCP 7, every 7 minutes aprox. I receive a messagge: "Capture was aborted due to drop frames".

On User settings I checked the option: "Make new clip on time breaks" and the option of ABort capture is UN-checked. Why is it not created the new clips?.

Connection: FireWire 4pin from the camera Canon Vixia HV-30 to the Mac Pro 9pin.

The curios thing is that Before (when I didn't have a FW cable 4-9) I use the Canopus AVC-300 like hub, because I only had a 6pin to 9pin and 4 to 4, but No 9 to 4. And at that time I never had this isuues of drop frames. I could just leave the equipment working on the capture for 60 miunutes with peace in mind. Now, I have to check the capture every 10 minutes if not every 20 seconds...

Maybe the Canopus has something like Time Base corrector? Now when I have the 4 to 9 pin (direct), I face this issue.

Somebody could say: "OK. If the canopus-Hub works good, keep on using it but I would like to know what I might be doing wrong so even when I have now direct connection via FireWire between my camera and the Mac, this drop frames problem arises. Opinions really appreciated.
Re: HDV Capture and drop frames.
January 16, 2011 11:01PM
Try changing it to 'warn after capture' instead.

January 17, 2011 12:38AM
Are you plugging into the front port of the Mac Pro? Try using the back one if you are.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
January 17, 2011 10:04AM
I use an HV20 to capture HDV from Sonys and Canon HDV tapes. I never have any problems capturing the Sony tapes but I always have problems with Canons (XH A1).
It most be the way Canon cameras write to tape specially at 24f.

God Bless,

Douglas Villalba
director/cinematographer/editor
Miami, Florida

[www.DouglasVillalba.info]
[www.youtube.com]
[vimeo.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics