Settings

Posted by limakid 
Settings
January 16, 2011 10:57PM
Hello,

I feel some confused for the settings. I have a tape with HDV footage (MiniDV HD tape). If it was recorded in HDV-24fps. The sequence in FCP should be also set up like this? at 23.98fps?

Do you have any website or book in which I can read how to make the correct settings?

When should I select HDV-1080i60?

I have a camera Canon VIXIA HV-30 (which records in HDV) and could I also use the Apple ProRes when capturing from that camera?

I guess that the SETTINGS is the key of everything and I need a good source of info, where they can explain me what is for example: "Abort ETT/PTV on drop frames" What's that!?
Re: Settings
January 16, 2011 11:55PM
Check out the lafcpug store. I recommend the Apple certified series.

If you shot 24p to tape, it is 1080i60. Tape traditionally ran only at 50/60i. *Edit* With hdv, you cannot remove pulldown on capture as it is a temporally compressed stream, so you will never get 24pN/24pA off a mini dv tape.

Apparently Canon does record 24p to tape (24F mode). It only adds pulldown when going out via analog or SDI. Sony on the other hand adds pulldown when recording to tape.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: Settings
January 17, 2011 07:07AM
in FCP , have a look at the EASY SET-UP window.

also, FCP is configured by default to offer you a sequence based on your clip's settings.
create a new sequence, go to edit a clip into it, and you are asked if you want the sequence to conform to the clip's settings.
you say "Yes"

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics