Any way to speed up Flip4Mac?

Posted by standard 
Any way to speed up Flip4Mac?
January 20, 2011 07:22PM
I'm having one hell of a night, and apologize for being a pest.
Is there any way to get flip4mac to render faster? I'm in danger of missing deadline.
Re: Any way to speed up Flip4Mac?
January 20, 2011 07:35PM
I'll answer my question now. Don't do an "export" when trying to save a WMV as a QT. Do a Save As. This saved me an hour of render time.
January 20, 2011 07:35PM
Not that you can do now. A faster computer is probably your only option. Rendering takes its time. I wish the little bar would do something interesting, like, I dunno, progressively draw a picture, or read me a story or something. Invest my money wisely on the stock market and show me a little graph of my wealth increasing.

Of course, that would pull processing power away from the actual rendering...

January 20, 2011 07:47PM
> Don't do an "export" when trying to save a WMV as a QT. Do a Save As.

That doesn't work without Flip4Mac. It puts a WMV into a QuickTime wrapper; the underlying codec will still be Windows Media, not a QuickTime codec. If you are making the file for somebody who only has QuickTime, for example, s/he won't be able to see it without Flip4Mac.

For a true conversion, an export is the only way.

www.derekmok.com
January 20, 2011 09:35PM
We like Episode -- it's not cheap but it's the Swiss army knife of compressors -- from anything to anything and its WMV conversions are very quick.

Episode is far more flexible than Compressor. It has many more filter capabilities and far more input/output formats than Compressor will support. You can also use multi processors to divide big job among many processors or computers.

go here: Telestream Episode Engine

Flip4Mac is great for viewing WMV in quicktime -- not as great (or fast) for converting back the other way. We get far better results with Episode
January 21, 2011 10:33AM
Going to WMV. 1 Pass encode, Advanced, Complexity, Live Fast. The cost will be quality.
Exporting to MOV is all up to Quicktime as any other MOV encode. Wrapping to MOV if you're just using to edit locally which is Save or Save As as someone else noted.
If your business depends on it (speed), get Episode as someone else noted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics