RIP John Barry

Posted by Ben King 
RIP John Barry
January 31, 2011 03:50AM
RIP Mr John Barry

The man with the golden music
[www.guardian.co.uk]

The very first Song on random on my iTunes was "On Her Magesty's Secret Service" - he has officially haunted my Mac so will dedicated the first part of the day to his James Bond tune legacy!

Already getting goosebumps!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Re: RIP John Barry
January 31, 2011 10:23AM
That man had a hell of an ear for melody. "Midnight Cowboy" is one of the greatest movie themes ever composed.

www.derekmok.com
January 31, 2011 04:40PM
The descending opening string line of "You Only Live Twice" kicks me in the throat every time I hear it.
Can't say the pop song grafted on after is as good as their promise or anything else he did (Zulu!) but those notes are genius.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
January 31, 2011 11:31PM
WOW...lots of memories tied up in those tracks. RIP.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

February 03, 2011 06:22AM
Amen brothers... I saw 'You Only Live Twice' in 68 age 7 and and was overcome with the melody and nacy's voice. The power of the opening to Gioldfinger... Born Free?? For me it kinda makes Hans Zimmer pale into insignificance. I'm an old school fuddy duddy and I don't care.
February 03, 2011 11:49PM
John Barry was my John Williams until Star Wars came along in 77. My 2 favorite film composers (and Danny Elfman)

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics