Newbie ? Video Render

Posted by bsanderson 
Newbie ? Video Render
February 01, 2011 11:58AM
I have not tested this but will when this project is done.

I have about 20, 30 second video clips all about same transitions and just the over lay text changes on the video to tell view what they are looking at.

I have these stacked in one FCP project in tracks

track 1 back ground jpeg image for all

track 2 is video clip which transition cub in cub out
track 3 is text layer video desription of scene.
track 4 is QR code to allow user to scan and goto website.

accept for track one all other stack above each other.

I have to change the background based on season or holiday image...

is it best to keep all in one project and render?

or would it render faster with only the 4 tracks in 20 different projects.

Any better suggestions. I like the one project since it will save time in mangaing the content.

thanks

bill
Re: Newbie ? Video Render
February 01, 2011 06:25PM
Use different sequences, not projects. You can have multiple sequences in FCP, so one project can have, for example, six different segments for a tv show, or a whole series of scenes for a feature.

So you could have twenty different sequences in your project - and the best thing is you can just duplicate the first sequence, then make the background changes in the duplicate without affecting the original, so you don't have to rebuild from scratch twenty times.

February 08, 2011 07:35PM
thank for the note

I moved each clip into a separate sequence in the same project.

is there any way to get FCP to render all the sequences in the project at once? then send all seq to compressor?

at this point I still render each sequence and then send each to compressor

thanks
February 08, 2011 07:56PM
Select the Sequences in the Browser and press OPTION-R. Or open them all into the Timeline window and set Auto Render to 1 minute.

Don't use Send to Compressor. Export movie files (I prefer self-contained, but reference movie files will be fine), then drag them into Compressor. That way you can also piggyback them (ie. as one movie is rendering, you export and prep the rest, then drag them into a second batch list). Also, if anything goes wrong with Compressor, you wouldn't have to redo the operation from the FCP level; just drag the movie files back in.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics