Boris Title 3d -- Justification issues

Posted by CaseyPetersen 
Boris Title 3d -- Justification issues
February 07, 2011 11:57AM
I have been using Boris Title 3D for years and have gotten increasingly frustrated with it.

On one hand, I like how it always centers the text vertically on the screen. That way, I can move all my titles (closing credits, actually) into the lower third and they will all be centered. However, if I ever try to get them locked to the bottom of the screen, or try to lock the left edge, it always ends up positioned on the screen in different places (because of different lengths of titles...for instance...I can't get "Joe Blow" left justified with "Hugo Hackenbush-Zinzendorfer" on two separate slides.

I don't want to use the basic text generator either since I'm mixing fonts/colors and also dealing with different quantities of names...one director and five production assistants.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!
Casey Petersen
Re: Boris Title 3d -- Justification issues
February 07, 2011 12:07PM
It gets worse-- if you try to center up single-name lines in a crawl with double-name guttered lines, which is a pretty standard layout for end titles, the tab points simply do not work. You'd normally lay out a flush-right, center, and flush-left tab on the ruler and be able to center those single-name lines with two Tab keypresses.

Don't work. The only way I've been able to center a crawl in Boris Title3D is by adjusting the *window*. Anybody have a cure?

For crawls I go to InDesign, which has predictable tab tools, and PDF that into Photoshop for file layout and 90% vertical squish for ntsc, and then into FCP to animate. That's worked well.

I sure wish I could get Tilte 3D's tabs to work. I like the convenience and the crawl move isn't bad.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Play from Playhead to Out Mark with Shift-P !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
February 07, 2011 12:10PM
Interesting...I may try that for crawls someday.

I'm not using crawls in this case, so doing all these in Photoshop would be a pain as well.

Casey
February 07, 2011 01:41PM
You only need flush right and flush left. They work for me, though you can't have a combination of guttered titles and centered titles.

All the best,

Tom
February 07, 2011 02:21PM
See if this helps
[www.borisfx.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics