OT: FCP Certification

Posted by Adage12 
OT: FCP Certification
March 02, 2011 04:43PM
How do you become FCP certified? I see a lot of training sites. Apple has a course on its site as well. I want to know, if I want to be FCP certified, do I HAVE to go through a training course? Or can my experience be a pre req? is there an oral/written exam what's the exam procedure? Thanks'
Re: OT: FCP Certification
March 02, 2011 04:49PM
There are different levels of certification. Level 1 end user certification does not require taking a class, though you do have to take the test, which is online, at an Apple authorized training center. The level 1 test is based entirely on Diana Weynand's FCP book. Memorize it. Level 2 end user certification requires taking a class at a training center, and level 1 and 2 trainer certification requires taking a training class where you take the test.

All the best,

Tom
March 02, 2011 05:07PM
Thanks' Tom. I went to Weynand's site. Whats the name of the book? So there are 2 levels? Then I become certified? Or would I have to post on my resume "Level 1 certified" if I only complete that?
March 02, 2011 05:15PM
Dianas book is in the lafcpug store

[www.lafcpug.org]

cheaper through Amazon

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 02, 2011 06:35PM
You become level 1 end user certified after passing the first test. You can't take the level 2 certification unless you've passed the first. You can say anything you want on your résumé. I don't know how much, if at all, prospective employers look at application certifications.

All the best,

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics