Facebook logo on TV show

Posted by Lisha 
Facebook logo on TV show
March 23, 2011 11:39AM
Hello to all,

There's been some talk in the office about putting the FB and Twitter logos in our end credits to draw traffic to our FB and Twitter pages. Are any of you doing this or do you know of any shows doing this?

Thanks so much!!!

Peace,
Lisha
Re: Facebook logo on TV show
March 23, 2011 12:19PM
You are asking the wrong people. You need to contact those offices and get permission.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

March 23, 2011 12:41PM
Why use the logos? They're not clickable except on YouTube. And as Joe says, logos are a world of lawyerly based expense.
Just put the facebook and twitter address in text,.
Four birds, Two stones:
1.We're on facebook. 2. Here's where. 3. We're on twitter. 4. Here's where.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
March 23, 2011 04:37PM
Thanks Joe. Actually I wanted to know if anyone in the LAFCPUG is doing it on shows they edit. yawning smiley Good point Andrew and Joe re; the legal aspects of using the logos and the suggestion of using just text. Thanks so much!!!!!
March 23, 2011 04:52PM
I know everyone is saying use text but I reckon FB et al would never pass up an opportunity to get more exposure and branding.

As long as its in a positive aspect and not negative.

I think you might find there would be a bigger problem with the network legal department rather than the Social Networks.

But under the FB T&Cs: [www.facebook.com]

5.5 You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including Facebook, the Facebook and F Logos, FB, Face, Poke, Wall and 32665), or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.

Get legal to contact their legal and get written permission - I'm sure it would be granted. If not then as the guys say - use text.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
March 23, 2011 04:59PM
Heres a link to get permission for Broadcast:

[www.facebook.com]

From this page:

[www.facebook.com]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
March 23, 2011 05:06PM
And for Twitter:

[support.twitter.com]

March 23, 2011 05:54PM
i don't think i've seen the FB etc. logos in end credits YET,
but it's probably just a matter of time.

nick
March 23, 2011 06:10PM
I work for a movie only HD TV Network and we do put these logos on all our promos' endpages:
FB YT and Twitter
March 23, 2011 06:21PM
Don't want to sound anti corporate but why would you put the logo there if they didn't pay you to do so?

It's video/film not a web page so it's not like it's clickable. Even if they make it easy for you and have lax terms that make it easy, what are you gaining from using their logo.
I guess you could save space by putting your FB page name beside their logo, saving the space taken up by "facebook.com/" Besides, if there is one sector of business that has become adept at changing their terms and conditions it's the internet. "Oh I am sorry, you signed that EULA with the old owners of BlechyTV.com, we're the new owners and our lawyers need something to practice their swings on. Release the hounds..."

Up here in Canada with all the government funding agencies throwing their 2 cents (US$0.019) in, the end of TV shows and Films look like logo stew and everyone here is practiced at tracking down those ugly things. I don't know why you would put more logos where you didn't have to.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
March 23, 2011 06:33PM
I had a similar response to Andrew for different reasons:

Yes, those logos tend to appear on web pages or on web videos where you're already at a web browser and can surf to the related page.

But if your viewer has already seen your film -- and even sat through the credits -- you've already got them. If they liked the film, and use Facebook and Twitter, they will tell people about it or look up the film. People who don't use these two things will not be persuaded just by putting the logo up there.

Then again, I'm old-school. I don't even text.

www.derekmok.com
March 23, 2011 06:45PM
But Derek, social networking is based on the "knowing wink" theory. People are still waiting to be told that the thing they're seeing is SN aware. Young'uns assume everything is SN aware but those of us beyond those years still assume that the thing your watching is the thing and then it stops. Young'uns assume that there is a page and a forum somewhere if they feel so inclined.
Putting a FB address at the end means the older types can look it up after they write it down on a movie ticket stub in pencil like a caveman. It's the "knowing wink" from the filmmakers that says "Hey, we've taken a seminar in Social Networking and this is something they told us to do. So do us the favour of making that expense somewhat worthwhile and visit our page of wallpapers and BTS photos"

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
March 23, 2011 06:54PM
I just like the blue and white f...

March 23, 2011 08:04PM
I used the twitter logo the other day when we did an interview with a blogger who only wanted to use their twitter name. It's just .. shorthand, I spose. But then I'd put a little icon of a phone instead of writing 'phone:' instead too, given the choice.

However - there is a local program here that proudly announces its research source as 'wikipedia.com'.. Why the hell you would add that to your credits I have no idea. INHO that's just advertising your inexperience.

March 24, 2011 11:41AM
Logo stew is right, but for Quebeckers it would be logo poutine! <:

Andrew Kines Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't want to sound anti corporate but why would
> you put the logo there if they didn't pay you to
> do so?
>
> It's video/film not a web page so it's not like
> it's clickable. Even if they make it easy for you
> and have lax terms that make it easy, what are you
> gaining from using their logo.
> I guess you could save space by putting your FB
> page name beside their logo, saving the space
> taken up by "facebook.com/" Besides, if there is
> one sector of business that has become adept at
> changing their terms and conditions it's the
> internet. "Oh I am sorry, you signed that EULA
> with the old owners of BlechyTV.com, we're the new
> owners and our lawyers need something to practice
> their swings on. Release the hounds..."
>
> Up here in Canada with all the government funding
> agencies throwing their 2 cents (US$0.019) in, the
> end of TV shows and Films look like logo stew and
> everyone here is practiced at tracking down those
> ugly things. I don't know why you would put more
> logos where you didn't have to.
March 24, 2011 01:30PM
I just saw a crawl on CNN...Facebook booting underage users by 20,000 per day. Winning.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics