New FCP feature request, belated...

Posted by Andrew Kines 
New FCP feature request, belated...
April 01, 2011 04:47PM
Doing some narrative fiction editing. Reminded of one thing we/I could really use. Bigger icons in Bin Icon view. Way bigger. With dynamic arrange/tidy.

Those who've seen the sneak peek know if they've added this and it's far to late to be requesting things.
Just thought I would throw this out there to the universe.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
Re: New FCP feature request, belated...
April 01, 2011 05:01PM
And an old bug fix- the shift fields filter needs to be applied in the first part of the signal processing pipeline, not at the end. This messes up motion based effects.

www.strypesinpost.com
April 01, 2011 09:37PM
Playable "Preview" icons in the Browser (been asking for this for years).

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 01, 2011 10:55PM
[Doing some narrative fiction editing. Reminded of one thing we/I could really use. Bigger icons in Bin Icon view. Way bigger. With dynamic arrange/tidy. ]

I agree; logged that one some time ago, should be in the record.

[Playable "Preview" icons in the Browser (been asking for this for years).]

Joey, you don't like scrubbing them by hand? ;-)

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Scrub Browser thumbnails with Shift-Control and mouse drag!

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
April 02, 2011 12:46AM
I always like to scrub by hand (doesn't everyone?), but being able to do it in the Browser FIRST saves a step and time is $$$. You can preview files BEFORE dragging it to the Viewer by selecting an Icon and using J/K/L to control it (actually playing the icon) before opening in Viewer. When you have hundreds pf clips, it saves a step by previewing in the Browser. One of the nice things Avid has that FCP doesn't.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 02, 2011 12:56AM
You can scrub in icon view using the hand scrubbing tool or with a modifier key. You can also scrub thumbnails in list view with the cursor.

All the best,

Tom
April 02, 2011 10:47AM
Presumably if JKL controls the icon preview then you would lose type selection functionality as a result?

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
April 02, 2011 11:18AM
I think it should be the spacebar and function like QuickLook. Select any clip in list view, hit spacebar, it pops up and plays and has a scrubbable controller.

All the best,

Tom
April 02, 2011 11:47AM
Perhaps there could be a "Playlist" interface accessible from the Browser. I rarely have the need to look at clips "fast" like that -- you can't judge sound, acting and contextt, only shots and camera -- but I can see how that's useful, especially for non-sync-sound promos and B-roll. There are many situations where I can see an iTunes-type playlist, where you can navigate freely with the keyboard, Return, Space and JKL, with editing operations simplified (eg. all your selects are added to a quick list, as with Digital Juice's Juicer).

I'd get real mad if you lose the ability to navigate by typing, though.

www.derekmok.com
April 02, 2011 04:09PM
I'd like more finder level integration of media. Like the ability to get reel name info from the clip. And yea, a more elegant way of working with dpx and image sequences other than Color/EDLs. Would be nice if you can log and transfer them and still keep the metadata.

www.strypesinpost.com
April 04, 2011 10:18AM
preview audio clips in icon mode.

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
Apple Certified Final Cut Pro Instructor
April 04, 2011 12:52PM
to be able to render a sequence as a background process smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics