MPEGStream Issue??

Posted by Delphinus 
MPEGStream Issue??
July 09, 2011 02:47PM
Hi All:
I hope you can help on this because I am stumped.

MacPro Intel
FCP 6.5
OS X 10.6.8

I am trying to convert an 82-minute film to the spercs given by PegMedia.org for submission to Public Access TV. Their instructions are to export the film to Compressor and use DVD Best Quality, 90-minute 4:3, and select the aiff, the Dolby, and the MPEG-2 files, all of which I have done numerous times. Then their instruction sheet reads, " Open the m2v file in MPEGStreamclip and since the aiff file was named the same as the mzv file (which they are, see below), both will be brought in. Once it is loaded, try playing it to see how it looks and how the audio sounds."
I have done this half a dozen times exactly as stated and the audio never loads. The video is perfect, but never any audio. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Stan

Dolby 2.0.ac3
aiff 48/16.aiff
MPEG-2 6.2 Mbps 2-pass 4/3.m2v
Re: MPEGStream Issue??
July 09, 2011 09:22PM
Can you drag-drop both files together to the Streamclip window? I haven't tried this, just guessing. It may result in seeing one then hearing the other.

July 10, 2011 06:59PM
or check Video and Audio separately.

if you are worried about sync, you can bring them into DVDSP, and check that there.

nick
July 10, 2011 07:12PM
Stan: MPEG Streamclip will find the .ac3 sound when you tell it to play the .m2v video if their file names are really the same, except for the extensions. Strip off the differing gobbleygook Compressor adds to the names for the sake of MPEG Streamclip.

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
July 11, 2011 11:47PM
That worked. Thank you so much.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics