Panasonic P2 16Gig Cards!

Posted by wpecinich 
Panasonic P2 16Gig Cards!
July 27, 2011 02:55PM
Hello FCPGroup!
Just upgraded to DVCPRO HD P2 system. I have been shooting 720P 30PN on 16gig P2 cards because I need the variable frame rates. One strange thing happend however. After importing my P2 files, about 2 thumbnails out of 30 seem to playback in fast motion. The actual thumbnail in question plays normally in the camera. The shot sequence is about 40 seconds but when imported into FCP 5.1.4 Studio 2 the sequence is about 9 seconds and plays fast motion. I can fudge with it utilizing the motion tab but I'm not happy with the look. All in all I really love this setup.

Thanks much for listening, look forward to hearing some expert tricks and tips.

WDP
NC
USA
Re: Panasonic P2 16Gig Cards!
July 27, 2011 03:04PM
> The shot sequence is about 40 seconds but when imported into FCP 5.1.4
> Studio 2 the sequence is about 9 seconds and plays fast motion.

Sounds more like the clip's playing back at the wrong speed -- for example a 23.98fps clip being played at 60i.

www.derekmok.com
July 27, 2011 07:05PM
Go into the Log and Transfer Preferences, and uncheck REMOVE ADVANCED PULLDOWN. Reimport.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
July 27, 2011 08:46PM
Or uncheck "remove duplicate frames". I vaguely remember that was the wording...

www.strypesinpost.com
July 28, 2011 02:45PM
Thank you for your reply. Can't locate a Log and Preference section. Is it under FCP Menus?
July 28, 2011 07:43PM
Open log and transfer and you should see a gearbox looking icon somewhere towards the top middle of the window. Click that.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics