Looking for recomendations for a alternative to a mouse

Posted by ixschell 
Looking for recomendations for a alternative to a mouse
August 05, 2011 10:49AM
Hi,

Using the mouse that came with my Mac Pro is irritating my injured right shoulder. I bought an Apple Magic Trackpad. Other than the fact that it's wireless, I don't love it. I've never had a laptop so it's not intuitive. Perhaps once I get past the learning curve it will make editing easier and I will love it.

A rep at B and H suggested the following: Wacom intuos 4, Wacom bamboo pen, Shuttlepro ? keyboard/mouse, Expert mouse by Logitech.

Are any of you using these products? What are your recommendations?
Re: Looking for recomendations for a alternative to a mouse
August 05, 2011 11:08AM
Wacom intuos 4 works great. You can move it around, put it on your lap and work.
August 05, 2011 11:29AM
Been using WACOM tablets since 1996. Can hardly work without one. Intuos 4 is the latest and greatest version of them.

Small or medium sized will do you fine.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
August 05, 2011 11:37AM
Me too...Wacom user since 1996 (started with an ArtzII 6x8). I have a medium Intuos 4 now...love all the functionality / SUPER sensitive. Comes with a pen & cordless battery-less mouse in case you change your mind (I use it sometimes) and other goodies.

[www.wacom.com]

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 05, 2011 11:41AM
Where's the best place to buy or test drive a Wacom inuos 4? Can you draw on them as well?
August 05, 2011 12:29PM
Fry's Electronics, MacMall.com, BestBuy.com pretty much anywhere you buy a computer, you can buy a Wacom.

Yes, you can draw, paint, cut, mask, pretty much anything and use it to replace the mouse. I even have one at home so I don't have to use a mouse with my iMac.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
August 05, 2011 12:32PM
...and signatures thumbs down I signed a W-9 online last night - so cool!!

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 06, 2011 01:44PM
Wacom intuos 4. No questions. Although looking ov at the current Bamboo line, I am guessing they would do a trackpad feature. I hope they do it with a separate control area preference when using touch gestures, as many of us use large surface areas.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 20, 2011 12:10PM
Thank you so much for your suggestions. I took your advice and bought a Wacom Intuos 4 wireless tablet. Do you have any suggestions for proramming it for FCP?
August 20, 2011 12:32PM
I usually use it out of the box. But you can customize it to your liking. The scroll wheel on the side is very handy.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics