OT: Steve Jobs Resigns as CEO of Apple
August 24, 2011 07:07PM
Tim Cook will replace him

[latimesblogs.latimes.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
Re: OT: Steve Jobs Resigns as CEO of Apple
August 24, 2011 07:13PM
Just read it on Yahoo. The fact that is even more troublesome and sad is that his time is very short.
August 24, 2011 09:06PM
It's all over the place. The Resignation Letter is on page 1 of Macrumors:

[www.macrumors.com]

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 25, 2011 01:09AM
It shouldn't surprise anyone familiar with liver transplants. Even those younger than 70 (the usual cut-off date where such a procedure is not recommended) are given 18 months to two years. That's how it went with my stepmom.

Just remember: Steve will always be in the details.

I wonder what he'll come back as.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Summon your Video Scopes with Option - 9 !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
August 25, 2011 11:53AM
The man and his ideas (aka. The 313 Inventions of Jobs):

[www.nytimes.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
August 26, 2011 10:27AM
I've made a Facebook post about Steve Jobs resignation as Apple CEO & my experiences uniquely filming the primary Apple private opening event at the flagship Apple Store in SoHo, NYC in 2002 with a still healthy Steve -- also posted on TechCrunch who linked it also to my Facebook page. Here's link to the TechCrunch article with many comments & here below are my posts.

[techcrunch.com]

Bill Rabinovitch commented on TechCrunch.
Concerning Steve Jobs, in 2002 when Apple opened it's Flagship store & theater in SoHo, NYC -- I alone had the opportunity to uniquely video the private classy opening of celebs & computer cognoscenti that showed up from around the world for the champagne summer evening. Steve in the pink of health was as charming as could be interacting with great warmth with a variety of invitees besides his own family who attended, sometimes holding up his very young daughter while conversing on the glass stairs. As an experienced & known videographer of the New York art world for decades with a great zoom lens I caught much the ambiance & flavor of the event outside & in besides doing interviews. It's never been shown but feel it would make many people very happy. Open to thoughts?.

In 2006 again captured unique close in footage in once again speaking with Steve along with Apple's store designer Ron Johnson during a quiet moment of Apple's iconic glass Cube 5th Avenue grand opening. By then it was a NYC mega media event revealing the dynamics of growth, with a huge posse of official TV camera crews. Instead of filming with them I elected more cinematic positioning capturing the big picture during his speech just outside -- a better strategy. Parts of that evening will combine as coda to my 2002 SoHo footage.
August 26, 2011 03:07PM
Thanks Bill

Hope one day you can show it

Michael Horton
-------------------
August 26, 2011 08:52PM
Jobs's courage in the face of terrible disease will set a good example. His love for things and their details will set a good example.
But his sowing the mad perception of technology as stylish toys is not good. His maniacal control of applications -- which should be extensions of their users' minds -- is not good.

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
September 07, 2011 11:29PM
[www.facebook.com]

My posts on Steve Jobs Facebook page of my unique films of him -- even without the videos seem to have gone VIRAL with over 200,000 likes the past week increasing a thousand per day. Includes links to my comments in the NY Times, & my thoughts about SoHo's creative recovery due to the SoHo Apple store opening less than a year after 9/11. Several related stories I wrote are grouped together on my page including my Sept 2011 image about "Remembering 9/11". Some will figure into my film about the art world.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics