Render Selection not working

Posted by rdedits 
Render Selection not working
August 30, 2011 09:25AM
Can't figure out why the "render selection" has stopped working. I have to resort to rendering the entire timeline every time I want to render just a couple of effects. Has been working fine up until last week and now it just flashes on the screen when I select it from the drop-down menu.
Re: Render Selection not working
August 30, 2011 09:33AM
Make sure you select every type of RT that needs to be rendered in the drop down menu. The default settings kinda suck.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 30, 2011 09:40AM
also, if you are making your selection using in & out points, check all your auto select buttons (small, dark grey buttons in the timeline panel) are on.
if they are not on, then you haven't really selected anything.

nick
August 30, 2011 09:48AM
Check to all the above suggestions. I can't figure it out, I haven't changed a thing and up till last week all was fine. Been racking my brain trying to recall if I made any changes but nothing is surfacing. grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!
August 30, 2011 10:35AM
to be clear, Strypes is talking about the Sequence Menu in the Menu Bar,
in there are sections for "Render Selection" and in there, make sure the necessary render types are ticked

did you trash preferences?
that'll re-set your render options in the Sequence Menu to defualt.

nick
August 30, 2011 11:04AM
Yep Nick that's how I have my selections set. Now just to be clear, where are the preferences to be trashed? "Final Cut Pro User Data"? i see FCP 6 and FCP 7 Prefs in that folder. Coming from Avid and still figuring some of these little things out. smiling smiley
August 30, 2011 11:28AM
This is answered in the Wiki:

[www.lafcpug.org]
August 30, 2011 11:29AM
It's detailed for FCP 5 but works in 7 as well.
August 30, 2011 11:56AM
Thanks for the link! I tried trashing the preferences but still getting the same results... drag..
August 30, 2011 01:30PM
Trash the prefs and make sure these options under "render selection" are checked.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 30, 2011 07:09PM
That's how I have it set BUT I figured it out... and boy do I feel like a knucklehead! Under render selection I only have "needs render" selected, the parts that I was trying to render today were all "Unlimited" sections of the timeline. Not having that selected the command was useless. Once I had it checked in the "render selection" settings, it worked the way it should... DOINK!
August 30, 2011 07:26PM
Yea, this is one set of defaults that has seriously been over looked by Apple. In FCP 6, the default was changed to unlimited RT (or so I think), but obviously you need to default that those bits are rendered.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 31, 2011 09:59AM
I bet I had it set in FCP 6 and after upgrading to FCP 7 I lost it... that's the only reasoning I can think of. Thanks for helping me out folks!!!!
September 03, 2011 04:34PM
yes. all your preferences would have been re-set.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics