Best Large File Transfer Services

Posted by jeff p 
Best Large File Transfer Services
November 07, 2011 08:39PM
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be doing a music video project that will consist of hundreds - possibly thousands - of video clips sent to me from fans all over the world. I need to figure out the simplest, most efficient delivery method for their submissions.
Cost also is a factor (<$300)
I expect the file sizes to be in the 250MB - 1G range each. So conceivably I could be dealing with TBs of data.

I've looked into "Drop Box" (Too $$$) and "Yousendit.com" where I'd be given an upload page for the fans to use. With YouSendIt I would have a 400GB limit on uploads. Downloads are unlimited. At around $29.00 a month, I could create several accounts and monitor their usage.
I've also considered having videos submitted via You-Tube, but the compression/ quality factor gives me pause; not to mention YT probably wouldn't be too thrilled to discover that they're being used as a file server...

Does anyone have any thoughts/ recommendations on this matter?

Thanks.
Jeff
Re: Best Large File Transfer Services
November 07, 2011 09:59PM
There is wetransfer. You can also look into google's cloud storage, which gives a lot of storage.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: Best Large File Transfer Services
November 08, 2011 02:54AM
yes [www.wetransfer.com] is my current fave - be careful of dropbox - apparently they have a dodgy copyright clause in the T&Cs! I can't confirm or deny but certainly not using it.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics