Question on flat screen TVs

Posted by Delphinus 
Question on flat screen TVs
November 21, 2011 11:58PM
I am thinking of replacing my NTSC monitor with a flat screen TV, but I have a question. Often I see video tape hits on my NTSC monitor that I do not see is the FCP viewer, and I correct the clip. Would I see these hits on a flat screen TV monitor?
Re: Question on flat screen TVs
November 22, 2011 05:50AM
If you mean the horizontal lines sometimes visible in playback in the FCP viewer/canvas - no - in my experience they won't show up on the flat-screen, and even if they were to such artifacts would not be present in the actual quicktime file anyway, it's just a play-back issue in FCP

Bluey,
Re: Question on flat screen TVs
November 22, 2011 07:16AM
FCP's Canvas will mask issues with footage that you will not see unless you're connected to a high quality reference monitor. A consumer TV is set to mask noise and can also mask out issues with original footage from time to time.

We replaced all of our old CRT reference monitors with Flanders Scientific for this very reason. They do not mask noise, they show all interlacing correctly (which is important for reverse interlace issues) and they show all hits, nicks and errors with footage.

We run the 17", 23" and 24" monitors in our shop, in every suite.

flandersscientific.com

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics