Color Balance Won't Work

Posted by bmart 
Color Balance Won't Work
February 01, 2012 10:16AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Silly problem. Color Balance won't work! I move the playhead to the clip and then highlight the clip. Then I go to Effects/Image Control/Color Balance. I drag Color Balance and drop it on the clip. Then I go to the viewer, click filters and the Color Balance controls are displayed. The problem is, the sliders do not change anything and inputting numbers does nothing as well. I've used this process in the past with success. Can't figure out why it will not work. The same applies to other Image Control functions.

Barry
Re: Color Balance Won't Work
February 01, 2012 10:46AM
Did you actually drop the filter onto the clip in the Timeline? Did you open the clip from the Timeline into the Viewer?

www.derekmok.com
February 01, 2012 10:52AM
Yes and Yes. I have also tried applying filters from the Effects menu at the top of the page.
February 01, 2012 12:31PM
Did the render mode change colour, to show that an effect had been added?
Usually a grey clip (Real Time) will turn Green or Orange when the colour balance
filter is added.

bmart Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes and Yes. I have also tried applying filters
> from the Effects menu at the top of the page.
February 01, 2012 12:45PM
i had a similar thing happen once - as a solution i removed all filters then copy-pasted as well as re-imported the media to a fresh project-file after re-starting the computer and trashing the prefs . . . result . . then i counted to ten ran round the machine twice and cast a spell.

hasn't happened again since.
February 01, 2012 03:16PM
The render color did not change.
February 01, 2012 03:21PM
Can't run, can't count and I don't know any spells ... but I'll try your other solution. Of course I always leave color corrections until the end of the edit so it's a bit of a task now. Thanks.
February 01, 2012 05:16PM
Still no joy. I'm going nuts. This should be such a simple thing. Any more suggestions?
February 02, 2012 05:16AM
if you have the disks you could always try re-installing FCP?
February 02, 2012 07:04AM
Before you go too nuts, check the project corruption theory by copying and pasting the suspect shot only to a new sequence. Try the filter there. No luck, create a new project and repeat.

Also try the filter on a different clip in the current project. See if you can isolate the problem to the clip, the sequence or the project.
February 06, 2012 12:08PM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys but looks like I'm forced to reinstall the program.

Cheers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics