How to empty FCP cache??ves in

Posted by Delphinus 
How to empty FCP cache??ves in
February 20, 2012 05:28PM
You were kind enough to answer this question last year and I misplaced your instruction. Apparently, if I recall correctly, when the audio waves in the Viewer do not show up, I have to empty a cache somewhere. Can you again assist me here? I promise to write down the instruction this time. Thanks.
Stan

FCP 7
OS X 20.6.8
MacPro Intel 2.16 GHz
3 GB SDRAMM
Re: How to empty FCP cache??ves in
February 20, 2012 05:37PM
Waveform Cache. Check where it is under System Settings.

www.derekmok.com
February 20, 2012 06:02PM
Derek:
Under System Settings/Memory Cache, I see Memory Usage with an Application and Still Cache scale (100% and 10%). I also see Thumbnail Cache (Disk 8192K and RAM 512K. I am not sure what to empty and how to empty. Suggestions?
Stan
February 20, 2012 06:42PM
Waveform Cache. Not Memory Cache, not Still Cache, not Thumbnail Cache. Look again. It's under Scratch Disks.

www.derekmok.com
February 20, 2012 06:52PM
OK. I went to System Settings, then Scratch Disks. What I have under Waveform Cache is a Set button. All that seems to do it put the Waveform Cache wherever I designate. I re-set it to the proper disk, but I still have no waveform in the Viewer. This does not seem to clear the cache; rather, it seems to set it to a specific disk. Am I gong to the wrong place?
February 20, 2012 07:20PM
Switch to Mac OS, go to where the Waveform Cache is set, move it to the Trash, empty Trash.

www.derekmok.com
Re: How to empty FCP cache to trash?
February 21, 2012 10:48AM
Hi Derek:
My apologies, but I am not quite clear on your instruction. What do you mean by "Switch to Mac OS", and where is there a Waveform Cache in Mac OS? Please give me a bit more information.
Thanks,
Stan
February 21, 2012 10:58AM
We make an app, Housekeeper, that trashes the cache for you. You'll be able to do this in the trial version:
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
February 21, 2012 05:59PM
John:
I appreciate the sample download and will do it. However, because I do not intend on buying the full download for future waveform clearing, can you explain exactly how I can clear the waveform cache now (without the download) to have the waveform back in the Viewer? That would really help. I do not exactly know what Derek meant by " Switch to Mac OS, go to where the Waveform Cache is set, move it to the Trash, empty Trash."
If I activate the Mac OS X, where is there a Waveform Cache to trash? I can't find one. And how does that relate to FCP? Confusing.
Thank you for the help.
Stan
February 21, 2012 07:03PM
1) shut fcp

2) Go to the location where you have set the waveform cache to and trash everything in that folder

3) restart fcp

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics