"Lighting Tab" in the Browser Window

Posted by bmart 
"Lighting Tab" in the Browser Window
March 18, 2012 02:39PM
Happy Sunday,

How do I get the "Lighting" tab in the browser. It's probably painfully obvious but I can't find it.

Thanks

BArry
Re: "Lighting Tab" in the Browser Window
March 18, 2012 03:51PM
I'm not sure what you mean by the Lighting Tab. The closest thing I can think of is the 3-way Color Corrector which is available in the Effects menu and appears as a tab in the Viewer.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
March 18, 2012 04:20PM
Hi Jon,

I was reviewing a lesson on Lynda.com and the browser window showed the Effects tab and right beside it was another tab called Lighting. The Lighting tab had a number of effects, similar the the Effects tab that could be applied to clips in the timeline.
March 18, 2012 04:24PM
It's not built into the app. I would assume that it's a third-party plugin folder created by something like FxFactory and then docked into the Browser by double-clicking the bin to open it in a new window and then dragging the tab into the browser header.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
March 18, 2012 04:26PM
Thanks Jon, I'll do a Google.
March 19, 2012 08:26AM
most likely it was just a browser bin they had created called "lighting" which they had open as a browser tab.
you can do that with bins.

1: double click on the bin, opening it, then grab it's tab and "tuck it in" to the browser tab.
2: OPTION + double click on the bin
3: OPTION + ENTER (not return)

cheers,
nick
March 19, 2012 10:52AM
Either that or Apple's been busy on FCP 8!

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Invoke the big TimeCode Viewer with Control -T !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics