pond ripple effect

Posted by stefangs 
pond ripple effect
June 08, 2012 06:28AM
hi all,

i'm trying to add a pond ripple effect to a clip.

perhaps i'm not understanding it properly, but it should have some initial action in the center and then progress smoothly outwards. right now, with or without keyframes, the entire width of the ripplies start all at once which looks pretty artificial. can this be done with the supplied FCP pond ripple effect?

thanks,
stefan

--
macpro 2x3 ghz dual core intel, 10.6.8, FCS 2
Re: pond ripple effect
June 08, 2012 09:01PM
I don't have it open in front of me -- is there an abbrev for that? IDHIOIFOM ?-- but I recall there are several parameters you can play with, and keyframe to heart's content. There's wave, ripple, amplitude, all kinds of stuff. Can't recall what it does out of the box, but it's tunable.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Advance to next/previous keyframes in a clip with Shift/Option-K !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
June 09, 2012 08:41AM
yes, it's highly tuneable and keyframable (also a nice word). but AFAICT you can't animate it so the effect dynamically starts in the center and then ripples outwards. you can only dynamically make it softare or stronger entirely. the inertia part is missing, it seems...

stefan

--
June 09, 2012 08:44PM
If you weren't willing to find and buy something that could do that, you could always do a copy of the clip on V2 with the effect on it, leaving V1 without, then use a keyframed circle matte to reveal the effect over time, starting from nothing in the centre and gradually exposing each ring.

June 09, 2012 10:31PM
Ooo Jude... and feather the circle. Nice.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Advance to next/previous keyframes in a clip with Shift/Option-K !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
June 10, 2012 09:09PM
Tx Loren smiling smiley

June 11, 2012 02:52AM
@jude: just wanted to let you know that i tried your suggestion today and it worked beautifully! i duplicated the circle mask to the other clip and inverted that which made it even better!

thanks again,
stefan

--
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics