process to import red one footage using EDL

Posted by maltess2 
process to import red one footage using EDL
June 10, 2012 02:03PM
Hello

I have a project mainly shoot with red at 4K and some canon 5D. I have FCP and Imac. The red footage were transfered to proress 422 at 1280, a friend told me this way I could go more easily trough the material in order to make a first editing. Than create an EDL and import the original red footage

Red footage is 2:35 . What I am doing now is just a trailer of the project, I have finish the editing and I would like to do that EDL thing and import the red material, I have a very few 5D clips in the editing as well.

Could you guys please explain the process to do this? I really have no idea. I have export and EDL , then import into a new project, all the clips are media offline slug. I have set the sequence at proress 444 HD, I dont see any 2k option in my FC. What setting should I go for?

Best regards
Re: process to import red one footage using EDL
June 10, 2012 06:49PM
Did you name your transcoded clips the same as your original R3D clips? Or similarly enough to be able to identify which ProRes clips came from which R3D clips?

June 11, 2012 02:32AM
No, I havent done anything so far. I noted that in the EDL clips, they have the option to reconnect media, but I cant get that straight from the clip right? I guess I have to log and transfer. What would be the process to do all this?
June 11, 2012 08:45AM
You have finished the edit, so you have already transcoded the footage, imported it, cut it and now you want to make a new copy of the edit that references the R3D clips instead of the proxy ProRes clips you cut with, right? Do you know which R3D clip connects to which ProRes clip in your timeline?

June 11, 2012 03:21PM
Yes, I have done the editing with proress 422, 1280. Now I want the same editing with the R3D clips in instead. The 422 clips in the time line have the same name than the r3d clips so I can recognize them , that is now my only option, I would like to transfer and import just the edited piece of the clip
June 11, 2012 04:18PM
Can I use the media manager to recompress the 422 clip to the r3d at 444, I mean can I use it as a log and transfer alternative?
June 11, 2012 04:42PM
So far I tried to log and transfer one of the r3d clips with the log and transfer window in 444. I got a very bad quality and small clip in 444, the original is 80gb and this is 2 gb, so something wrong is happening. Mayve final cut log and transfer window is actually not recognizing the r3d and is transfering one of the proxys, could this be possible?
June 11, 2012 07:00PM
This is probably the simplest path I've seen

[jonnyelwyn.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics