FC log and transfer window does not recognize rd3 clips, code is installed

Posted by maltess2 
FC log and transfer window does not recognize rd3 clips, code is installed
June 13, 2012 05:27AM
Hello, I am triying to log and transfer clips fpr the first time but the log and transfer window dont recognze them, the is no sign of opening the clips in the window. I have the red ce installes and I select apple priress 444 before but nothing

I read in the red cde manuel that it needs 2gb of ram to work, I only have one, could this be the problem? I am using an intel Imac . I was able to install the code and I see the options in the log and transfer window

Best regards
Re: FC log and transfer window does not recognize rd3 clips, code is installed
June 13, 2012 06:01AM
What I did, I created a folder mamed MAG 1 with th clips inside and now FC recognize them. The problem is the quelity is wafull, I am transfering to 444 and I gue a clip full of something like noise, it has the same size than the original red clip but awfull quelity. anyone had this issue or may know what happening?

I have transfer to 422 hq and works, I get the clean image , but when the cursor is stopped , the still image in the wiewer shows high contrast. I can only see the real color whan playing back the footage in the time line, weird

best regards
June 13, 2012 07:53AM
1 Gb of RAM? Doing any editing work with only 1GB of RAM sounds painful, but yeah, not sure you're going to be able to work with R3D on that. I'm not a red expert, but it sounds to me like you're gonna need a bigger ship.

June 13, 2012 04:53PM
ok, but is the Ram why I am getting a low quality image in 444?
June 13, 2012 07:23PM
I have no idea. But ProRes 4444 is more processor intensive than ProRes 422. So again, could be your lack of RAM. A lot of the resources of that RAM are going into just running the OS and the software, let alone the video. Also, if you're trying to run this stuff off something like a USB drive, you're just pushing it all too hard.

If "I read in the red cde manuel that it needs 2gb of ram to work", why do you think they would be lying?

June 13, 2012 08:02PM
I don't think the problem is RED. Are you working with 2K Prores HQ files and you're trying to play that back on an old iMac? May or may not happen. Prores HD requires at least quad cores to play back in real time.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics