Outputting to miniDV/ cam (basic) sorry to ask! (checked wiki, etc)
September 19, 2012 10:33PM
Hi,

My apologies - this is actually part of a workaround for me - I'm dealing with a producer who gave me (among other weird dailies formats) a ref movie in FLV, and I'm just trying to create new miniDV footage of the ref so I can match cut to it (He's on PC-based Avid, I'm on Mac-based Avid, finally input a QT of the FLV into FCP 7, just to re-output to tape , to re-capture in Avid, - all just to use it as a ref to match cut - phew!

(Already tried to use Compressor to make an Avid-readable file of the QT mov - NG.)

So I have this approx 20 min cut in FCP, simply trying to output to mini DV (cam); done this a million times before...

I'm trying to Print to Video but FCP7 won't play nice. It sees & runs the camera, but the cam won't capture the cut as it plays... I

Inserted blank tape into camera (safety off) - check
Turned on video camera to record mode - check
Connected video camera to computer with a FireWire cable - check
Started Final Cut and opened the project - check
Selected the sequence - check
Selected File > Print to Video...

The screen goes black & then I click as per prompted - the cut starts playing, the camera starts recording (red dot etc) - but it seems to just be recording live from the room, not off the cut...? (When I re-wound & played, I heard my room noise & live dialog.)

Ideas? What am I missing?
Even tried Automatic Duck
September 19, 2012 11:57PM
No luck
Re: Outputting to miniDV/ cam (basic) sorry to ask! (checked wiki, etc)
September 21, 2012 06:45PM
"Turned on video camera to record mode - check "

set the camera to VTR mode.
and there may be no need to print to video, you can simply start your camera recording, then press go on the FCP timeline.

of course you could always simply convert the flv file to QuickTime

download and instal Perian, then you can open flv files in QT, or Mpeg Streamclip.

some people find Perian messes with their system, (hasn't hurt me at all) but it's very easy to un-instal it from it's own panel inside your system prefs.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics