Coming into Timeline Out of Sync

Posted by Delphinus 
Coming into Timeline Out of Sync
October 06, 2012 07:38PM
I've never had this problem before. I am digitizing from an original DVCam interview into a timeline. As I watch the digitizing process, everything is in perfect sync. When I bring the clip to the Viewer and play it, it starts in sync then goes out of sync about 10 seconds in (the audio is ahead of the video). Same when I bring it to the timeline. There is no video break but the further the clip proceeds, the more out of sync it becomes. The original DVCam tape is in perfect sync, so I cannot figure what is going on here. Any ideas? Thanks.

FCP 7
2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Weon
8 GB 667 MHz
Re: Coming into Timeline Out of Sync
October 06, 2012 07:44PM
What settings did you use to capture? Did you try to do pulldown removal on the fly? You like mixing HDV and DV -- are you sure the tape wasn't shot in HDV mode?

www.derekmok.com
October 06, 2012 07:51PM
Derek:
This is definitely a standard video timeline, as I digitized several clips last week (which are in the timeline) and they came in in perfect sync with no problem. I am using the same timeline, same tape, same procedure. I digitize the clip, double-click it to the viewer, mark the in and out, bring it to the timeline, and the problem now occurs. Is is definiteloy not an HDV timeline.
October 06, 2012 08:29PM
Derek:
I traced it back to my DR-20. It was in the digitizing, not in FCP. Sorry about that, but I need a DVR tech to solve the problem. Fortunately, I have a good one. Thanks.
Stan
October 09, 2012 11:54AM
Bet the DSR-20 was set to 32K sample rate! Often an unrendered off-sample rate, assuming your timeline is 48K, will manifest this.

Because otherwise DVCAM has locked audio (unlike standard DV). Great DV codec, considering.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Advance to next/previous keyframes in a clip with Shift/Option-K !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide™ Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
October 09, 2012 12:11PM
DVCam isn't a codec, it's a tape format.

Another possibility: DSR-20s don't play nice with FireWire drives. Used to fry drives left and right, even when not daisy-chained. That could also cause the clips to get corrupted at the write level.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics