Disc version help

Posted by Jude Cotter 
Disc version help
October 07, 2012 10:28PM
I'm throwing out all my old versions of FCP, since it consists mainly of about 15 kilos of manuals, but I want to keep hold of the latest version - I mean FCP7.

I have discs dating back to the very beginning and some are easy to identify, but the last three versions are quite confusing. Which ones are the latest 'Final Cut Studio' install? The silver ones with the black outline called 'crossgrade' that claim to be 5.1, or the white ones that I think might be the right ones that are supposed to be version 3.0 that comes with a bunch of black discs?

I have three different sets of discs that all claim to be 'Final Cut Studio'. None that say Final Cut Studio 2 or 3. All are upgrades or crossgrades.

Re: Disc version help
October 07, 2012 10:42PM
Sorry, I sorted it out. For future reference, if you've gone the convoluted crossgrade/upgrade path, version 7 disks are the set with the white Final Cut Studio install DVD, a black DVD Studio Pro Content disk, two black Motion Content disks, and three black Audio Content disks. They should be in the small box marked Final Cut Studio (Upgrade).

Don't forget to keep your old serial numbers too. According to my notes I have to use my Studio 2 serial number, followed by my 3.0 upgrade number.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics