dv input for voiceover

Posted by erniet 
dv input for voiceover
November 13, 2012 12:00PM
I'm new here, thank you all for this group! Ken Stone suggested I try here as I have not yet found the solution elsewhere.

It has been years and probably a couple of versions of fcp since I have tried this.

Voiceover tool and trying to select dv audio as the input like I used to do back in SD days. FCP will not accept my camera as a mic input for voiceover like it used to. I have searched a fair bit and found one article where it worked, they simply had a problem with levels. No solution there, though.

To trouble shoot I tried log and capture and it is fine, the camera is there. FCP 6.0.6, MBP i7, 8gb ram, Canon XH-A1 and a good shotgun mic connected via firewire 400 to 800 cable.

I guess my options are to get a usb mic adaptor or a pre-amp for the mic to plug into the line input on the MBP. I have no direct experience with either. But reallly, my current setup really ought to work from experience plus all I can gather out there.

Any insights will be very valuable and appreciated!

Ernie
Re: dv input for voiceover
November 13, 2012 06:20PM
Is the camera HDV? If so, make sure it's set to output DV, not HDV.

Re: dv input for voiceover
November 14, 2012 01:05PM
Well that's a damn good point! Many thanks, I will try it when I get back from this shoot.

Ernie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics