6D footage to ProRes HQ

Posted by alquimista 
6D footage to ProRes HQ
April 15, 2013 06:36PM
Is there a tut/link somewhere for this? I just shot 60fps with the Canon 6D, now want to edit at 24fps, ProRes HQ in FCP...

Thank you!
Re: 6D footage to ProRes HQ
April 15, 2013 07:31PM
Simple. Ingest with FCP Log and Transfer (which will leave your frame rate alone), then open the resulting clips in Cinema Tools and Batch Conform to the desired frame rate.

To make the process easier, I add a suffix to the file names of clips that are overcranked: Something like _59_94fps. That makes them stick out in a Mac OS file list.

That is an older method. For newer options, Digital Rebellion's Pro Media Tools also does this job.

www.derekmok.com
April 16, 2013 01:03AM
Thanks D!
That's exactly what I thought to do... but FCP L&T says it doesn't recognize the raw 6D files... ?
April 16, 2013 05:55AM
My bad. As on the other thread, I forgot that the Canon E1 plugin has not been updated to work with the latest DSLRs, so footage from both the 5DmkIII and the 6D cannot be ingested with Log and Transfer. You'd need to use MPEG Streamclip, Compressor or perhaps 5DtoRGB.

www.derekmok.com
April 16, 2013 12:26PM
Thanks Derek-
Im surprised this is a topic that hasn't been discussed much. Having a hard time finding any info.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics