Clip wrap
June 26, 2013 12:18AM
Here's an oddball thing happening. I take .mts files that were shot at 24 p in my Cannon G20 video camera and convert them to apple pro res (not HQ) . When I import them into FCP 7 , click on them to select them, go to Edit menu and item properties, it says they are 29.97 fps.

Does that make any sense to anyone?

Thanks
Re: Clip wrap
June 26, 2013 01:13AM
Yes, because the camera doesn't actually record 24p. It shoots 24p but adds pulldown to record at 29.97, the way a movie is recorded on videotape. The movie is playing at 24fps, but the tape is recording at 29.97.

All the best,

Tom
June 26, 2013 11:19AM
Wow! Okay Thanks much. I thought I was doing something wrong. So then, all video that we watch in the U.S. is 29.97? Even in these days of 24 p Cine cameras and High Def and wide screen 1920 X1080 TVs, etc.,?

But now that we have digital broadcast, all new final product (DVD, Blue Ray, broadcast TV) is progressive right? No more interlaced?
June 26, 2013 11:54AM
All broadcast is 29.97. Some broadcast is still interlaced. The TV sets are now much more adaptive these days and are more like computer monitors with interlace capabilities.

All the best,

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics