Zooming into titles

Posted by stefangs 
Zooming into titles
July 22, 2013 07:28AM
Hi,

I'd like a title to show up in reverse (black screen with part of the image showing through the characters). The composite mode for that is fine, but I'd like to zoom in on the title until the background image is fully visible.

My problem right now is that in the controls tab of the title clip I can only increase the font size to 200 which isn't anywhere near enough.

How can I achieve this effect?

Thanks,
Stefan

--
macpro 2x3 ghz dual core intel, 10.6.8, FCS 2
Re: Zooming into titles
July 22, 2013 07:33AM
> My problem right now is that in the controls tab of the title clip I can only increase the font size to 200 which isn't anywhere
> near enough.

The title tools in FCP will only get you so far. Make the card in Photoshop or Illustrator and make its image size as large as you need, at 72ppi.

www.derekmok.com
July 22, 2013 08:05AM
For that I'll use Illustrator and AE. AE has the option to continuously rasterize vector graphics, so you will get smooth lines when you zoom once you check that option.

You can do a rough up in FCP to see if you'll like that effect, but since you're going to be using two apps, you may as well use Illustrator and AE (or do both the text and effects in AE). Or you can try using Motion. You will achieve cleaner and sharper edges than if you were using a rasterized image and scaling to achieve the desired effect.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 22, 2013 08:05AM
Ah yes... thanks Derek!

Stefan

--
macpro 2x3 ghz dual core intel, 10.6.8, FCS 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics