JCV MPG4 ingest issue

Posted by Loren Miller 
JCV MPG4 ingest issue
October 25, 2013 04:10AM
So here's one. I got two SDHC cards with footage. The first contains XDCAM EX 1080i 60 and was easily copied into the clients hard drive.

The second card contained a folder structure which did not open in FCP7 Log and Transfer and whose MP4's simply would not copy.

Apparently the cameraman switched formats for what might be a longer shoot than the interview on card 1.

Here's the folder structure:

>DCIM
>MP ROOT
>private

In the private folder:

>AVCHD
>JVC
>SONY

In the ACVHD folder, some subfolders and no clips listing, 620 bytes total.

In the JVC folder, a BPAV folder of 26 GB containing subfolder CLIPR which reveals subfolders for several MP4 1080i clips which simply don't play in either QuickTime 7.6.6 or QuickTime X.

I've tried ingest and import on these into FCP7 without luck.

The SONY folder is empty, zero bytes.

(All this under OS 10.7.4-- I'm going to try it under 10.5.8.)

Clipwrap doesn't open any of these folders.

There is a JVC MP4 ingest plugin on their website, but the abjectly brain dead site designer insisted that only JVC camera owners with a serial number get to download it. If anyone uses this plugin I'd love to get an installable on ZIP in exchange for a KeyGuide of your favorite flavor!!

Best, as always,
Loren S. Miller
www.neotrondesign.com
Home of KeyGuide Central
Re: JCV MPG4 ingest issue
October 25, 2013 07:28AM
Loren, if you get really stuck send me a short MP4 clip and I'll see if I can open it in Premiere. Don't worry about the folder structure. If so, you can download a trial for free and export out to something that FCP can handle a bit easier.

So far Premiere has been the bomb for tricky ingests for me.

Re: JCV MPG4 ingest issue
October 25, 2013 08:04AM
I've found that the Panasonic AVCCAM Importer, available here, despite Panasonic's warnings that it only supports recordings from their Professional AVCHD cameras, supports recordings from other AVCHD cameras, including Canon's. There is also Panasonic AVCCAM Viewer, available here, that I've never tried.

There's also Voltaic HD, which sometimes works when ClipWrap doesn't.

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics