General Error on Render

Posted by Fahrquad 
General Error on Render
March 30, 2014 12:15AM
I'm working on a Macbook Pro, OSX 10.7.5, Core 2 Duo, 4gb Memory, running FCP 7. I tried to render a timeline and I repeatedly get a "General Error" message. Rebooting didn't help. Trash Preferences might help? If so, how do I trash preferences in FCP 7? If not, any ideas of what's going on?
Re: General Error on Render
March 30, 2014 07:15AM
Trashing preferences might help. The easiest way is to use something like this free utility from Digital Rebellion:

[www.digitalrebellion.com]

While you are there take a look at some of the other handy stuff they offer.

If that doesn't help it could mean that you have a shot on your timeline that for a number of reasons won't render properly. Try the "half off" method. Select just the first half of your timeline and try and render. If it will let you, great the problem is in the back half. Select half of the back half and try again. With a few repetitions of this you will narrow down the part of the timeline that is killing you.

It might be a still that is CYMK or too large. I have had problem with AE rendered outs that were not compatible or other things along those lines.

Good luck

-Vance
Re: General Error on Render
March 30, 2014 09:53AM
BS"D

Thank you Vance! It was indeed a file whose format was not readable by FCP. Once I converted the file it rendered! Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics