HDV Import into FCP 7

Posted by Delphinus 
HDV Import into FCP 7
April 15, 2014 04:29PM
I have been shooting HDV and importing it into FCP 7 with no problems until today. The tape plays perfectly in two HDV camcorders and the audio is fine too. But when I try digitizing it into FCP using HDV1080i24 or 50, the CAPTURE image stutters the picture and the BROWSER, instead of digitizing the entire clip, will digitize 10 seconds, then 15 seconds, then 10 seconds, etc. and label them Untitled-1, Untitled-2, etc. And even when I play these back they stutter and if I pair them next to one another in the timeline parts are missing. Any idea what might be going on here?

MacPro 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
3 GB 667 MHz
FCP 7.0.3
Re: HDV Import into FCP 7
April 15, 2014 05:10PM
Additional info: Tapes that digitized perfectly before now have the same problem. Here's the message I get when digitizing stops:

STREAM PROBLEM
Capture was stopped due to aproblem with the incoming stream. This might be a problem with the tape. All media up to this point has been preserved.
April 16, 2014 01:42AM
CLEAN THE DECK oR CAMERA HEADS-- that always helped me.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytips:
Copy clip Attributes with Command-C
Paste selected Attributes with Option-V
Remove selected Attributes with Command-Option-V !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide™ Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
April 16, 2014 12:04PM
I attempted digitizing from two separate HDV camcorders with the same problem, after I cleaned the heads on both. I still am having problems digitizing. When I play the video while in the digitize window, it plays fine. But when I mark an in and an out and actually initiate digitizing, the picture stutters, goes out of sync with the audio, then freezes and gives the message.
April 16, 2014 04:00PM
We found the answer to this dilemma, although it was a bizarre one. Once the problem developed we dumped the FCP User Data and the FCP plist but the problem stil existed. We decided to do this again, just for laughs, and strangely enough, that fixed the problem. Not sure why the first dump did not do the trick, but the second one did. Go figure.
Thanks,
April 16, 2014 05:14PM
It's more likely that a) somebody messed with the settings, or b) you were capturing to the wrong Scratch Disk.

www.derekmok.com
April 19, 2014 04:49AM
If the decks are clean and the tape in good shape, that's all it could be, wrong capture location. It'll stutter on, for instance, slow disks or nearly full disks.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytips:
Copy clip Attributes with Command-C
Paste selected Attributes with Option-V
Remove selected Attributes with Command-Option-V !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide™ Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics