Is the bean counter correct?
September 16, 2014 12:09AM
I'm a freelancer in LA who generally gets paid through my LLC. I just took a 12 week job with a production company and want to get paid through my company. I was surprised to be told they require copies of my Articles of Organization and an Insurance Cert for general liability and workman's comp.

I've been at this for awhile now and this is the first time I've had to provide insurance and workman's comp for a company that is hiring me. I don't regularly carry insurance, only when I'm working as the "production company" hiring other freelancers.

Have any editors out there been required to submit articles of incorporation/organization and insurance to be paid through your corporations? Or am I correct that this office manager is just being a hard ass.
Re: Is the bean counter correct?
September 16, 2014 01:23PM
This is nonsense. I get paid through an LLC also. I just tell them the name of the LLC to which checks should be made out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login



Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics