my last project crashes at 20% reading after one month working, please help!

Posted by alioshka 
my last project crashes at 20% reading after one month working, please help!
October 28, 2014 06:30AM
FCP 6.06
I MAC MACOS X LEOPARD 10.5.8
Proc. 2.8 GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO 4GB 800M DDR 2 SDRAM

hi there,

I'm in a serious odd trouble, hope you can give me a clue with this.

the thing is that FCP has left me down just the day before of finalizing the one month edition. catastrophic!

I don't know what happened:

at night I exported a test in non self contained QT files and suddenly in the morning I cannot open those files neither the project.

older projects open, but not the one I'm working on, nor from earlier versions from Time Machine, nor from autosave vault.

the proj starts opening but when arrives at 19% crashes. "FCP application has unexpectedly quit" Error-128

it's asking for a render file (I've tried to create one with that name but doesn't work) That's why I think that Qmaster and compressor could be involved.

I did the compressor repair.
I repaired the external disk with disk utility and it's all right.

it's there a way to recover it? what would be the solution?

Would be super great if you could give me some light, in this moment I'm a little or a lot desperate.

I wanna send details attached, but cannot see how...

Alicia
Re: my last project crashes at 20% reading after one month working, please help!
October 28, 2014 11:09PM
Derek's method is to open the project with it's associated Media inaccessible,
then re-connect.

so copy the project onto the desktop, un-hook your drives, and see if it opens.

nick
(travelling in Japan)
Re: my last project crashes at 20% reading after one month working, please help!
October 30, 2014 05:30AM
thanks a lot nick, I've done it! so simply I disconected and unpluged a second hard disk and the project open no problem... the incredible part is that once I reconnected everything is working fine, no corrupted files o anything.... hope doesn't crash again!!
alicia
October 30, 2014 02:18PM
Fingers crossed,
And glad it worked out for you

Nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics