FCP Blur effect?

Posted by MetalGuru 
FCP Blur effect?
April 28, 2015 10:25AM
Can anybody suggest how I can achieve this blurred text effect?

You can see it here at: 13s and 24s

Re: FCP Blur effect?
April 28, 2015 11:26AM
Just been looking at CHV Morph - could this be the answer I wonder?

Or perhaps I could do each frame in Photoshop, if I can find a suitable filter.
Re: FCP Blur effect?
April 29, 2015 05:54PM
It's an old movie. All they could do in optical printing was to defocus and overexpose, and then use high contrast to sharpen the new fuzzy image into a blob. Defocus is a kind of blur caused by the image light going off target. Overexposure is another kind of blur caused both by more light creeping laterally through the emulsion and by halation -- light traversing the emulsion and bouncing off the back side of the film base to restrike the emulsion.

Start with white titles on black. Then apply a blur filter, increasing the amount with each frame. Then sharpen with a cut filter
-- everything below a certain level becomes black, everything above becomes white. This too must be progressed from frame to frame. The examples below used Photoshop's Gaussian blur -- more generous than FCP's -- and Photoshop's curves filter to do the cutting. (There must be a cut filter in FCP.)

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
Re: FCP Blur effect?
June 15, 2015 03:38PM
I re-created the effect in Photoshop using the Stroke tool. I had to do it frame by frame, but it looks spot on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login


  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics