how to extract timelines from ancient fcp6 project file without working fcp system?

Posted by Anonymous User 
this seems like a serious longshot of a question for the project conversion/import experts.

i have an old, maybe ten years, final cut pro 6 project that had been abandoned and i now want to resurrect. normally, i'd do this with an exported xml file from the final cut project. xml files were never made for the various timelines within the project, though. being as old as it is, i no longer have access to a final cut 6 system.

i need to extract the timelines from the original fcp project files in order to finish the picture editing. there are too many of them and they have way too many cuts to just try to rebuild them from memory, though.

i can think of two ways to accomplish this task. one would be to find someone to work with who still has a working implementation of fcp6. the other would be to find conversion software that still reads fcp6 files.

project is a long-form documentary on underground radio of the 60s/70s. the last cut i had ran about 1hr 30min.

anyone have any thoughts how this might be accomplished, if it's even possible?

thanks,
babag
It sounds like you have an old Final Cut Pro 6 project that you want to resurrect but you no longer have access to a Final Cut 6 system.

One solution would be to find someone who still has a working implementation

Given the age of the project, it may be difficult to find someone with a working Final Cut

It's worth noting that some elements of the project, such as effects or plugins, may not translate perfectly when converting to a newer format. So, it's possible that some adjustments may need to be made when opening the project in a new editing software.

Good luck with your project!

sign
game mod apk
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics