FCP vs: Avid XpressDV

Posted by Craig Hollenback 
FCP vs: Avid XpressDV
July 18, 2001 07:50AM
<HTML>We wish to purchase a DV native edit system. We have no particular aliance to a Mac or PC platform at this time (we need to completely upgrade our computers and all software). Which ever platform we choose, we will need to get basic graphics software, Photoshop, web design software, etc as well as video editing sotfware.. We would like to know if anyone has any thoughts as to which software/hardware package is better (solid performance/best bang for the buck, fastest rendering speeds etc.) Avid Express or Apple Final Cut Pro. We do mostly event coverage/ corporate marketing videos and long-form independent productions. We also wish to do video packaging and provide content and design for our own web sites.
Because we are starting out again from an older non-linear system, ImMix Video Cube, and we also need to purchase a new computer(s), our platform choice is equally important to us as our editing software choice. All input is helpful and welcomed....thanks, Craig Hollenback abradabra@aol.com</HTML>
Re: FCP vs: Avid XpressDV
July 19, 2001 12:25PM
<HTML>Craig,
It sounds to me that you have answered your own questions. For the best in graphics? You go with Apple. For the best in the digital arena?You go with Apple. For the growth in NLE especially with the new machines and OS X again you would have to go with Apple. Final Cut Pro 2 offers the best NLE bang for the buck and you are able to grow when it is time to upgrade with high Def. comning and you can even use it to cut film. I don't think the lower end Avid could do that. But you have to get what is best for you. I have Apple and Final Cut Pro and I am very happy with it . Try to ask some people who have the avid you are looking at? See what they think of the two side by side.

Ruben</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics