Dual monitor

Posted by Michael D 
Dual monitor
July 18, 2001 07:28PM
<HTML>Hello all,
This is probably an "old hat" question.
I want to add another monitor to my g4 sawtooth 400mz system.
How to do this ? (I have an AGP card installed in the AGP slot obviously)
Can I just slap in any additional PCI video card like a ATI RAGE pro or Riva TNT2 into my open PCI slot and badda bing ?

-MD</HTML>
Re: Dual monitor
July 18, 2001 10:32PM
<HTML>yes

mike</HTML>
July 20, 2001 09:44AM
<HTML>Yes, to FCP on Mac OS 9.x. I have a G4-733 with SuperDrive, GeForce on a 17" flat panel display, and a Radeon and DVIator attached to another 17" flat panel display. That's awesome screen real estate for the money. Works great in FCP, 9.x, and every other Mac OS app. Doesn't work for crap in Mac OS X 10.0.4. It difficult to get the 2nd display up and working OK. Can't wait for the dual 800s.</HTML>
July 27, 2001 04:56AM
<HTML>Hi,
Does the Dviator works for the Matrox RT Mac. I would like to have x2 17" LCD for my G4/733 with Matrox RT Mac. Any advise please?

Thank you.</HTML>
July 27, 2001 10:50AM
<HTML>Probably, but it just started shipping so it's kind of hard to tell. Hate buying things when they just come out though.

BTW, macfixit.com has a brief where they reccommend NOT mismatching video cards for Dual Monitor support. In other words if you have a nVidia than get another nVidia. If you have a ATI, get another ATI. There seems to be a conflict with the drivers.

mike</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics