capturing timecode nightmare help

Posted by Brian 
<HTML>I have a working knowledge of FCP I just don't get to use it alot.

Here is my problem. I hava a DV tape that had stuff on it. so I rewound it and put the lenscap on the camera (sonyvx1000) and just let it tape for 15 minutes black. I rewound it and took my tape to a friends and asked them to go to 2min on the DVtape and start dubbing a video I need to capture from my Beta SP original tape the video recorded 8 mins and then we let it tape about a minute extra. OK now here is where I am having the problem. I can see the footage from the SP tape is recorded fine on the DV tape it plays in the viewfinder fine. however, if you start the tape at 0:00 it goes to 2:00 then jumps to 1:13 where my dubbed footage starts, Screwed up timecode right. OK so I set FCP to No device control and tried to do a capture now. what I got was 10 minutes of black with no audio. the first 2 minutes should be black and it has BG noise audio but when you hit the dubbed portion the log and capture window goes from the black scrren to the color bars with preview disabled not seeing my dubbed footage in FCP. I can see it play fine in the camera. How can I get this footage captured? I don't have 2 deck just the camera and the computer. any ideas?

Thanks in advance
digital@benchmarkstudios.com</HTML>
<HTML>Cant you cue to where the dub footage starts (1:13) and set your out point where the dub footage ends and batch capture it? I assume there is no time code breaks from 1:13 on. Capture Now is a peculiarity to a lot of folks who don't read the manual on it.

BTW, what are your capture settings. This is 2.0 right?

mike</HTML>
<HTML>yes 2.0 capture settings default DV NTSC firwire or none for cap Now.

The problem is I can see the footage I want to capture in the camera viewfinder, but the minute it hits that timecode change and footage FCP shows preview disabled and nothing captures even with capture now????? now where can i go. I am going to try dubbing from the DV cam to a VHS and Back to DV to strip the old time code. hopefully that will allow me to capture the footage. I am trying to capture to compress it and put it into a director presentation quarter screen or smaller so the VHS trick may be OK. But its annoying the SP to DV version can't be captured, especially since I can see it.

Thanks again for your help</HTML>
<HTML>I dont know. I'm missing something here. Try trashing your prefs and try again. Make sure camera is on and in VTR mode before you boot up FCP.

mike</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics