Unreadable disc

Posted by Diane Pernet 
Unreadable disc
August 16, 2001 01:33AM
<HTML>Two days into working with my new external HD (firewire LaCie 60) and here is the problem. I have a Mac G 3 500mz my system is Mac OS9.1 (just installed on Monday and at the same time installed the new firewire external HD). After receiving much needed help from Michael I was able to hear what I was capturing (thanks again from Paris). I finished capturing yesterday and changed my video settings back to my standard settings. Left the computer for 20 minutes came back to a message saying that "blue" the name of my external HD there was a disc error and that I could loose some files. Checked my project all of the files that had been captured were not captured now. Turned off the machine turned off the HD. This morning when I had turned on the external HD and then the machine - the message read This disc is unreadable by this computer do you want to initilaize the disc? Two choices initialize and eject. I clicked eject. NOW WHAT DO I DO? Any guidance through this will be greatly appreciated. Clearly I'm a novice at all of this. Thanks, Diane</HTML>
Re: Unreadable disc
August 16, 2001 11:36AM
<HTML>Bummer Diane.
This is a BIG problem and the only cure is a disk utility such as Nortons or Tech Tool or Disk Warrior. You must get one of those and boot up your system with one and run a disk check. You might TRY disk first Aid that came on your Mac OS CD before you go out and buy one of these products but you must see/fix what is wrong with your Blue HD. Also remember "initialize" is ERASE. So be careful. If it comes to that, then at least you didn't capture a LOT of media before you got this problem. Did you? <g>

mike</HTML>
Re: Unreadable disc
August 17, 2001 12:04PM
<HTML>It seems that most people have less problems using the FW enablers and Support that come with OS 9.1. That means DON'T install Lacie's drivers or in this case uninstall them.

mike</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics