HELP - final cut pro and canon xl1

Posted by multo 
HELP - final cut pro and canon xl1
August 21, 2001 11:01AM
<HTML>hi:

i have tried everything - reinstalls, replacing plugins, apple talk off/on, etc...

i can log from my xl1 to final cut pro 2.02, but it refuses to recognize the camera's timecode (timecode error on capture attempts) - tried new fw cable, different ports, everything - the only way i can get it to capture is to do "non-controlled device" and capture now, but the audio is out of sync

i know its not the tape because i tested it on a friend's computer with a dsr 30 deck...no issues at all

its not the pre/post roll - they are set to 5 seconds and i have tested clips in the middle of the tape - doesn't work...

i really, really need help and apple's site is not very good with specific device information.

thanks,
melissa</HTML>
<HTML>Make sure to install the DV Tuner and CMP overrides into your plug-ins folder. You will find these in a folder called "extras" on your orginal install CD

Steve Martin
Creative Director

www.dvcreators.net
World's best DV Workshops - Coast-to-coast
"Secrets of Final Cut Pro" & "PowerStart 2"
CD-Roms now shipping.</HTML>
<HTML>Hi Multo
Sorry to hear you are having problems capturing. I had similiar problems with my Sony PC100 mini Dv. The problem arose because the timecode on my tape would rest itself to 00:00:00 everytime I switched off the camera and started shooting again, thus FCP would be fooled into thinking there are many 00:00:00 timecodes and give up..hence to need to "capture now". I have overcome the timecode problem by blacking my tape before shooting to give the tape a say 00 to 60 mins unbroken timecode, and when I shoot the timecode is not affected sort of like insert editing on the tape. Whether you can do it on your camera I don't know...check it out really does work. So basically stick a tape in and press record with the lens cap on.
Regarding audio I suggest in your "capture settings" in preferences make sure your computer speaker is OFF (which default DV capture it should be) and monitor off your cameras ouput, making sure of course you have selected View-External-all frames. I have routed my camera output via my video recorder to my tv for monitoring...much better and gives you a sense of what it will look like on a REAL TV picture.
Good luck David</HTML>
<HTML>Canon XL-1 ,if you change from SP to LP the canon timecode willbe off, always shot in the SP mode. You use more tape but have less
problems.
Creative Director
MONSIEUR motion picture studio</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics