"Waiting for timecode" while capturing

Posted by Tlovett 
<HTML>Hello,
I run a mac G4 533 256mb. I had some hard drive problems that were solved and it seems that they are still solved, but I tried capturing video from a hi8 tape in my D8 camcorder. FCP would not capture this, even on "non-controllable device" settings. So I had a dub done to another camcorder ensuring that I had timecode on the new tape. When I tried to capture from the dub it worked, for a while. On the tenth capture the Capture window said "waiting for timecode","device must be in VTR mode to capture". Now, when i log and capture from any tape FCP locks up and i have to reboot to regain control. FCP will not escapt from the capture mode, neither will it capture what is being played back. What's going on here?

I hope that this is less trouble than before,

Terrence</HTML>
<HTML>Try this for the heck of it: Trash your FCP prefs and re set your settings and see what that does.

mike</HTML>
<HTML>Also, try Firewire Basic, sometimes devices without Device control do better when using the FireWire Basic Codec. If you are already using that codec then try FireWire.

Also, I have seen the same problem happen when the fire device was not plugged in untill after FCP was loaded. Make sure that it's plugged into the computer, and turned on before you open FCP so it has a chance to recognize.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics