Audio sync drifts

Posted by Robert Althouse 
Audio sync drifts
August 24, 2001 07:02PM
<HTML>I recently upgraded to Mac os 9.1 and FCP 2 and Quicktime 5.0.2, using a VX1000, set to 32k audio capture. I'm getting up to 20 frames of audio drift now. I increased min file size to 64K of the drives, trashed system FCP preferences, switched from external fire wire drive to internal one, turned "auto audio sync " off, then tunred it on for clips over 5 minutes, Tried using one 75 gig lacie drive instead of a chain of them. I'm talking about viewing audio and video through a firewire device. Could it be the "unlocked" audio of minidv? It worked with version 1.25 FCP. I could defrag with optimizerplus, but I already erased drive completely and tried imputing again, so I don't think that's it. The guys at promax probably have nightmares about me now. Help. I gues i'll try the up FCP 2 grade. How do I find out what it fixed?</HTML>
Re: Audio sync drifts
August 24, 2001 10:08PM
<HTML>The only time you want Auto sync on is when you capture from a Canon device, other wise turn it off. Trash your prefs again and use one of the presets set to 32khz. That should do it. Other reasons for sync drift are speakers ON during capture in prefs

mike</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics